by YONA C. RIEL

Saturday, October 24, 2009

"It Felt Good", a show at MECCA

     With a title like that I bet you thought I was going to talk about something else.  This will be my last blog entry before I head south to Mexico.  Michael deMeng, the teacher has been sending plenty of photos from Oaxaca and I already know I am not going to want to come home.  But knowing I have wonderful extended family and friends here will sure help.         
     Also the show "It Felt Good" with so many wool creations  I am sure it will knock your socks off.  Here's my latest scarf.  The base layer is a blue silk chiffon that loves to get all bubbly with texture when Nuno felted.  What looks yellow in the picture is really a chartreuse that compliments the soft rose colored yarn.  This is my favorite combination so far and if I don't keep it for myself it will be for sale in the show.  
   I got another picture for you.  It is of my tee shirt that I made from several other tee shirts for Day of the Dead in Oaxaca.  I love the dreamcatcher image in the center with the whimsical bird and horse on the side.  I make these shirts for myself cuz I just love to indulge myself with some wearable ART....
See you when I get back.

4 comments:

  1. Funky Kool Felt! Can't wait to see the others. Have a fabulous time in Mexico... altho I already know you will. Safe travels friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tee! Hope you are having a spectacular experience in Mexico and I can't wait to read & see the results.

    ReplyDelete