by YONA C. RIEL

Friday, May 28, 2010

day eleven... devil's slide and p-town w/pam...

     My old friend Pam was in town for the International Ms Leather contest, held in San Fransisco at the Holiday Inn.  I picked her up in my truck and after saying hi to a few people that I remembered from way back and we headed down HWY 1, our old haunt.  First stop was a really awesome ruin...
     We played around on the ruin taking ridiculous pictures of each other...  I am sure you'll remember this pose of mine from a Tiger's birthday party at Pizza Research Institute...
    It has taken 2 and a half years for my fingers to be able to flip the bird with both hands... (that's why at least in part I am smiling).
    Here's a shot of looking down the cliff onto Devil's Slide beach.  It gives you an idea where we are...
 
     There was some beautiful graffiti inside the ruin so once I got up there I took a picture..
     By the time we left several other 'tourists' had stopped to climb on the ruin.  It had a 'no trespassing' sign but when I am with Pam I do silly things.  Just saying. 
     The traffic was amazingly slow as we drove south down to P-town and Half Moon Bay.  After all it was a beautiful Sunday afternoon and everybody with their mothers, brothers, BFFs and surfing buddies were at the beach enjoying it.  We got down to P-Town, another old haunt, and gaggled our disappointment to each other about how much it had changed.  Still we found some interesting photo opportunities.  It was high tide so the beach we used to go to was not there, at least for the next 12 hours or so.
        But looking out into the marina there were a few abandoned boats making for an unusual shot...

   Also parked nearby there was a cool old truck affording yet another chance for fooling around and taking pictures...
     We drove back up to Day's Inn in Half Moon Bay, (which was 30 dollars cheaper than the Comfort Inn next door) and had salmon on parmesan crackers, smoking loon chardonney, and a whole night to catch up on stories.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment